Summary:

• Dividends received: 7
  • Dividend Income in April 2017 landed on 1695.38 NOK or $198
  • Almost twice the total dividend income from Q1 $100
  • Last year’s dividend Income in April was  ZERO!
  • Reinvested the dividend in Hennes & Mauritz AB (HM B) and Veidekke (VEI)

Another month has passed, and I have received the following dividend in April:

I think it looks pretty good. The biggest dividend came from Gjensidige Forsikring at around 830 NOK or $97, but you can see that the financials really helped on the dividend income for April. Most of my financials are up around 15 % to 40%, so the yield on cost is pretty high for my money-making-buddies.  Another thing is that most Nordic companies pay their dividend in April or May. Looking back at 2016, I didn’t get anything last year before May. Therefore, I think it’s awesome to see that the dividends are entering my account more frequently. In total it’s 23 dividends so far. Hallelujah!

If we compare 2016 and 2017 we can see that things are changing, and I’m expecting around 2,656 NOK or $310  in dividend Income for May, so the graph is going one way, and that’s UP UP UP!

Total Dividend Income so far in 2017:

My goal for v in 2017 is 8,500 NOK or $1,000

• Right now, I have received about 2516.27 NOK or $294.
  • We are missing out on around 6,000 NOK or $700

Will I make it? Yes, I think so. The data I have now says that I’m close to 8,500 NOK or $1,000. I have to make sure that I reinvest the dividend in a smart manner, and keep the focus on the longterm plan. Financial Independence is getting closer each day!

Did April treat you well? Do you have any further comments? Did you make any purchases? Please join the discussion below.

Patrick · April 26, 2017 at 8:36 am

Great progress and stock selection.
Promising month of May you have..

Keep on grinding !!

Stockles · April 26, 2017 at 8:45 am

Hi Patrick,

I´m really looking forward to May. It´s actually around $100 more than last year.

One thing worth mentioning is that my nordic stocks are at the moment contributing a lot to my yearly dividend. That´s because my internatioanial stocks (US) has lower yield, but much higher dividend growth. So even if it looks rather dull right now, like Starbuck´s dividend, it will just get bigger and bigger by time. Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
    Stockles recently posted…Why Financial Independence?My Profile

Dividend Portfolio · April 27, 2017 at 3:37 pm

And to think that April last year you had zero in dividend income! That’s awesome man. Keep it up.
Dividend Portfolio recently posted…Backup Your Blog – New Feature AddedMy Profile

ambertree · April 27, 2017 at 3:52 pm

1000 € is a nice goal. It looks you are well on track! Keep investing
ambertree recently posted…Taking riskMy Profile

Stockles · April 30, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Thanks ATL. Adding more soon. The machine needs more fuel!

Passivecanadianincome · April 30, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Nice work and great year over year improvement! Love the Chappelle meme. Haha
Passivecanadianincome recently posted…April 2017 Dividend IncomeMy Profile

Investment Hunting · May 2, 2017 at 2:47 am

Great update. I like the dividend income received and the $1,000 goal. Best of luck.
Investment Hunting recently posted…Lending Club Month 3 UpdateMy Profile

DivHut · May 8, 2017 at 4:25 am

Congrats on a solid dividend performance for the month of April. Looks like you’ll be making your goal for the year.
DivHut recently posted…Dividend Income Update April 2017My Profile

Dividend Daze · May 8, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Haha loving the picture at the top, and all of your graphics and charts. Glad you are on pace to reach your goals. Just going up from here!
Dividend Daze recently posted…Dividend Update – AprilMy Profile

Stockles · May 9, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Hi Dividend Daze,

Glad you liked it. I try to make investing a bit less informal, so you will see more pictures like this. Hope so =)
    Thanks for commenting buddy!