Summary:

• Dividends received: 12
  • Dividend Income for May 2017 landed on $322.76 or 2,735 NOK
  • Last year I got $215 in May, so the income stream from May is now 50% higher.
  • The dividend income was enough to pay for my whole gym membership twice, enough to cover my yearly phone bill two times or enough to cover 80% of the food budget for the month.
  • Or even better, the dividend income for May was enough to pay for 35 super expensive, cold and fresh beers. If I wanted to, I could actually party for free every Friday throughout the whole month of May!

Dear readers, finally. I know you have been waiting for this dividend update just as much as I have, and as you can see, my Dividend Income is going to the roof.  Year on year it´s now close to a 90 % gain from 2016. I should give a huge shout out to the month of May for killing last year’s top month. Last year I got $215 and now I received payments from 12 different companies which in total was $322.76. That’s an increase of 50%!

I have received dividends from the following stocks:

Solid. As I have explained before, my Nordic companies love to pay dividends in May, which isn’t that bad after all. It’s summertime and I’m sure I can find some way to spend that not-so-hard-earned money. Maybe go on a short trip to London now that the pound is so low.

Total dividend income so far in 2017

Goal for 2017

• My goal for 2017 is to get $1,000 in dividends or 8500 NOK
  • I have now received about $619 in total
  • We are missing out on around $380 to accomplish the big goal for 2017. That should not be a problem, so I can already now say that I will reach the goal for 2017. Awesome. Financial Independence is getting closer each day!

Did May treat you well? Do you have any further comments? Did you do any purchases? Please join the discussion below.

Mr. Robot · June 15, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Great stuff, congratulations on your increae of 50%! Time to update your 2017 goal! 🙂
Mr. Robot recently posted…This is my second (and last) buy for June 2017My Profile

Stockles · June 15, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Hi Mr. Robot

Thanks! It´s incredible how fast this train is going if one just focuses on the right stuff. And yes, guess I need to update those goals, because this is getting too easy 😀

Dividend Diplomats · June 16, 2017 at 2:36 am

35 cold ones….now that is what I’m talking about! Now the question is, do you own a beer company in your portfolio that you could purchase these cold ones from? All jokes aside, congrats on the great month and the amazing progress. Love some of those names in your portfolio.

Take care!

Bert

Stockles · June 16, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Hi Bert!

Remember that here in Norway we pay $8-10 for a bear so this is a huge investment for us. Actually, I do own Kopparbergs, but they mainly sell Cider. That´s pretty good too. Actually keen on adding BUD.

Thanks for the comment and so nice of you to check out my blog =)

Dividend Daze · June 16, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Going to crack a cold with the boys? jk. Great month. Lots of quality companies paying you. Seems you are well on your way to the 1k mark this year. Keep that growth up!
Dividend Daze recently posted…Small Savings, Big ImpactMy Profile

Stockles · June 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Hi Dividend Daze,

Thanks for always stopping by. It´s so fun when you have “your followers” checking how you are doing. I will work on that myself and write more comments on other blogs. And yes, the 1k mark is closer than ever!

Dividend Portfolio · June 17, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Excellent work Stockles. By the way, I just noticed that Starbucks is in your portfolio. I’m seriously thinking about adding Starbucks into my portfolio. I’m not fan of the price of the stock or the dividend yield. But, I go to Starbucks virtually every day and on my worst days, several times in one day. So, I figure I might as well own part of the company.

You also have HCP which I’m interested in. I hate the fact that they cut dividends last year, but I like the price of the stock and the dividend yield. I am looking to add 5 more stocks to my portfolio.

Finally, I like your charts. Awesome report man.
Dividend Portfolio recently posted…How To Invest $20,000?My Profile

Stockles · June 17, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Hi Dividend Portfolio

Thanks buddy! Yes, SBUX is one of my favourite companies. While I travel, I always look at the companies I own to see how they are doing. It´s one of my favourite ways to test a company, and maaaan, Starbucks is crowded 24/7. Regarding the price, I can understand why. P/B is 15, Medium P /S is 45, Peter lynch value is $50, DFC earnings $35 and so on. Some people say that they can see $15 upside. I don´t know. My cost price is around $52, so it´s okey. But the dividend growth is amazing. That´s why I hold it.

HCP is pretty cool, but I would go with a stock with more growth if I where to buy a REIT.

At the moment I would say the best buys are CVS, Cardinal Health, Qualcomm, Tractor Supply and Cisco.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amber tree · June 18, 2017 at 6:29 pm

It indeeds looks that you will hit your 2017 goal. What about a a stretch goal, based on what you can calculate now in dividend income and then add some for future purchases?

Stockles · June 19, 2017 at 8:30 am

Hi ATL,

Good point. A stretch goal would be interesting. I will think about it for a while. Thanks for the suggestion

NLCM · July 12, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Hi Mr.

Thanks for a great blog. This might be a Q that’s posted in the wrong post, but I’m just curious about why you prefer dividend paying stocks as opposed to non-DY ones as a “concept”? I mean you might find other companies that can grow and earn a ROE above the market by investing FCF internally on average (and above the ones that might be more mature, experiencing less growth, and thus paying out a dividend) – often referred to as “compounders” in the value investing community. It just seems to me like focusing on dividend paying stocks you i) focus on mature business that have “limited” opportunities of compounding/growing assets internally and that you ii) limit yourself in terms of the field in which you play implicitly limiting the opportunity set which is iii) not really tax efficient. Granted, more mature business have a proven track record, but still. Would appreciate your thoughts on this.