It´s Friday evening here in Norway now. What could be better than starting the evening easy with some stock talk about The Dividend Zombies before moving on to a horror movie like The Shining or the Silence of the Lambs?

So, before I introduce you to the Zombies, let me just state some of the things that has happened in the last 100 years. While reading this, remember that The Dividend Zombies have paid dividend continuously in all of these events. During the last 100 years, we have had the Cold War and both the First World War and Second World War where about 80 million people have lost their lives. As if that was not enough, these incredible companies have managed to pay dividends while having to deal with epidemics like cholerameasles and 1918 flu pandemic. You get the picture, these companies are unstoppable.

Introducing the Dividend Zombies

Note:

• The green colours show stocks that are within 4% of it’s lowest yearly price (52-week low). These stocks could be a good buy, or it might just show the trend in one sector.
  • The red colour shows stocks that are 60% or more above it’s lowest yearly price (closer to 52-week high).

For more spreadsheets like this, you can take a look at my Watchlist WorldWatchlist NordicDividend Aristocrats or Dividend Kings.

If you have any suggestions to companies that I should add, or maybe I have forgotten a company or two? Please let me know.

See you,

Subscribe to the Stockles Newsletter and join me in my investment and travel  adventures

Dividend Daze · August 4, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Great list! I love that I own 3/8 of them as well. Lets hope they can continue to grow and increase their dividends for another 100 years.
Dividend Daze recently posted…Dividend Update – July 2017My Profile

Stockles · August 4, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Hi Dividend Daze,

Such good core stocks. They have great MOATs !

Sarah De Diego · August 4, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Dear Stockles,

Perfect timing for me! I have some USD to invest (I’m Canadian) and have been looking for a list like this. Colgate-Palmolive has been on my watch list for a long time and Proctor and Gamble and Coke are close seconds. Thanks for this.

Besos Sarah.

Stockles · August 4, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Hey Sarah,

Glad that you liked the lost. I like the business that you mention. Just remember that this list is not a buy recommendation, but more something like information about great and high quality companies. Thanks for commenting!

Dividend Portfolio · August 5, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Well, I’m definitely glad you posted this. I already own 4 of the companies on the list, and was definitely going to pick up at least one more. But I might add two more from the list depending on valuations. You make a powerful argument that these companies have survived much in the past 100 years and still manages to continue to grow their dividends. Although past performance is not indicative of future results, it can’t and shouldn’t be ignored.
Dividend Portfolio recently posted…One Down One To GoMy Profile

Stockles · August 5, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Interesting. Which company/companies do you want to add? And yes, for sure. What used to be a competative advantage does not have to be the same anymore, and management changes. Doing a new MOAT analysis is crucial. Thanks for commenting!

Mr. ATM · August 7, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I like your Zombie stock list : ) and I do own a few of these and have some in my watch list as well.

Past history, though not a guarantee for future success, still a good metric for the quality of a company and its management. History tells us a lot about how company weathered previous storms while maintaining its commitment to its shareholders.

Stockles · August 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Hi Mr. ATM,

Agree! Blindly following lists as the Aristocrats, Contenders, Champions, Kings or Zombies isn´t smart, but there is a reason why those companies have performed so well in the past. One just needs to due some due diligence to check if the MOAT still stands. Thanks for commenting and stopping by my blog

Investment Hunting · August 7, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Great post title. These monsters just won’t die. Seriously, a great list of stocks to choose from here. Thanks for pulling the list together.
Investment Hunting recently posted…July Dividend and Options IncomeMy Profile

Stockles · August 7, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Hi Investment Hunting,

Thanks! Glad you liked it. If you liked the Zombies list, maybe take a look at the Watchlist World? Also a lot of quality companies there. Thanks for commenting!