Summary:

• Number of dividend income bills paid by companies: 13
  • Dividend Income landed on $155 or 1,200 NOK

August 2017 is history, and I have received the following dividends in August:

SDIV $2
VOD $24.31
CVS $5.67
GIS $8.11
SUM $154.32 / 1200 NOK

Dividend Year to Year

As you can see, I’m very close to reaching $1,000 in dividend income. However, this is mostly due to a decrease in USD/NOK from 8.55 to 7.65. This is bad, because my dividend income is getting lower, and I need about $1,090 to get the same NOK amount as before.

Month to Month

August 2017 beats August 2016 by a long shot. From $27 to $157!

Accumulated Dividends

How was your dividend income this fine August? How much of your income covers your expenses? Have any further questions? Please let me know in the comment section below.

See you,

If you find this blog post or my blog informative, maybe you could take a look at the ads and see if you find something interesting? By clicking on one of my ads you help support my work. Thanks.

Subscribe to the Stockles Newsletter and join me in my investment and travel  adventures

The Beta Post · August 27, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Impressive with 14 different companies for August! I see I need to keep diversifying to get more stable dividends throughout the year.

I’m in the same situation as you regarding USD/NOK, but I don’t think it’s that bad. As long as you receive the dividends in an USD account you keep your purchasing power in dollar terms, and can use that amount to re-invest in companies listed in USD. And the NOK/USD rate is currently providing us cheaper entries to USD companies 😉

Stockles · August 28, 2017 at 10:16 am

Hi The Beta Post,

First, nice to see you here on Stockles. Looked at your blog and seems like we share the same interests.

I´ve written a blog post about why I focus on Dividend Carpet Bombing, you can find it here:

Regaring USD/NOK:
    Well, the fact that US is down 10% means that my dividend income is down 10%. My account is Nordnet, so they transfer from US to NOK, which means that it´s lower now than 2 quarters ago.

But you are right about the NOK/USD. Companies are getting cheaper, and for companies like McDonalds who have a lot of expenses in US, it´s good.

However, as long as you do dollar cost averaging, it should be okey.

Thanks for commenting =)

Amber tree · August 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Nice progress can be seen on the graphs. The trend is up and that is good.

Stockles · August 28, 2017 at 10:17 am

Hi ATL,

It´s for sure progress. Just got to keep the focus strong and it should go by itself. Thanks for commenting =)

Mr. Robot · August 30, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Great results and very nice graphs. We share a few of the same companies, I’ll be posting my results in a few days.
Mr. Robot recently posted…A different buy: Crypto Coin – RippleMy Profile

Stockles · September 4, 2017 at 6:09 am

Hi Mr.Robot,

Looking forward to your update. Thanks for commenting!

Dividend Portfolio · September 1, 2017 at 7:02 am

Excellent year-to-year growth rate Stockles and nice income for the month. My numbers aren’t nearly as impressive as yours. And income from so many stocks is awesome.
Dividend Portfolio recently posted…August 2017 Dividend Income ReportMy Profile

Stockles · September 4, 2017 at 6:11 am

We all have to start somewhere and remember, my paper loss will be bigger than yours when we reach a crash. Maybe you will stay even more calm then? Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog.

wealth from thirty · September 16, 2017 at 1:47 am

Hey Stockles, nice work this month! Do you reinvest dividends or anything? Congrats on surpassing several times over your 2016 August income. I’m just starting to collect dividends from a small portfolio so it’ll be a while before there is much month on month growth for me.

Stockles · September 16, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Hallo Wealth from Thirty,

Glad to see you here on Stockles! I reinvest when I reach a suitable amount so that the brokerage doesn’t become to big. Around 1% is my rule. However, right now, I’m just saving the dividends for a small correction or maybe crash. To many weeks without any setback. Not healthy.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck.
    everyone needs to start somewhere.