YES! Finally! As you readers know, the initial goal for 2017 was to achieve $1,000 in dividend income.  Today I finally crossed that line and can’t wait to see what the total dividend will turn out to be.

As you see, VEREIT contributed a lot with $43.84 and Cardinal Health with $5.99

The next thing to figure out is what the goal for 2018 should be. I´m thinking $1500 or $2000, but we shall see. Anyhow, daaammmnnn it feels good crossing the $1,000 line!

Thanks for reading and take care,

Mr. Robot · October 18, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Amazing Stockles, congratulations on achieving your yearly goal. I would be ambitious and go for 2k next year 🙂

You can do it!

Dividend Portfolio · October 19, 2017 at 5:14 am

Awesome Stockles. That’s huge getting to four digits. Either the $1500 or $2000 is good for next year. I’m going to try to shoot for getting to the 4 digit mark next year, but we will see.

Congrats buddy.

Lemnor · October 19, 2017 at 10:34 am

Congrats with reaching your goal for 2017. I have read your plan and goal and I think is very ambitious to get 10% in dividend every year. My self is on your goal 4/5, with 500k NOK in dividend market. And I see that I will this year make about 7% in dividend in total.

Stockles · October 19, 2017 at 11:12 am

Hi Lemnor,

Thanks for commenting. I now see that my “dividend Income Goals” is easy to misunderstand. I didn´t mean to say that portfolio worth and annual income goal has anything to do with each other. I should put them in different tables. While portfolio worth might be around goal 4-6, dividend income might be around goal 1-2, due to the overall yield on the portfolio.

Again, thanks for pointing that out!

Stockles · October 19, 2017 at 11:22 am

I´ve fixed the Goal list now:

Lemnor · October 19, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Hi again, I probably made it worse for you. I thought the worth goals together with the income goals was the like two goals in one. I now understand that that was not the case. Now in the new list its more confusing, since you put it up on the same list with same goals number. Where it says worth goal 1M NOK, it says 200K NOK dividend. In my head that says you goal is to make 20% in dividend of the worth. Maybe other people read it different. But that just my impressions. Keep up the good work.

Lemnor · October 19, 2017 at 3:02 pm

I notice now that I have 2 different goal sites on you page.

Stockles · October 19, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Is it understandable now or is the “Problem” that portfolio worth and dividend income both uses “Goal 1, Goal 2” as measurements, despite between different things?

Lemnor · October 19, 2017 at 4:14 pm

It better now 🙂 But I personally would use those goal together since my goal is to get more out of money than the bank interest and beat the inflation. Say you have 500k NOK worth, the bank can give you 2%, inflation is about 3%, then my goal is to make more than 3%. With 3% you haven’t made any new money as I see it, only uphold the value. So my goal is to beat the inflation with 2, in this case 6%. This is without any stock price change. Stock price change is hard to predict, especially in long term, and I see this as a bonus if you get your portfolio totally sum in black numbers. You will anyway not get those money before you sell your portfolio. This will be my goal 12 😉 This is only my thought about the subject, not critics or recommendation. You are an inspiration to lot of people, so keep up the good work.

Stockles · October 22, 2017 at 8:57 am

I see your point, it´s a valid one, but doesn´t really hit home. Here´s why:

As a DGI investor, I (mainly) aim for low yield, high growth. Meaning that often, say with stocks like HRL and SBUX, my yield is actually lower than inflation. With your argument, DGI stocks is always bad, and one should always aim for High yield stocks (they yield more than inflation).

My target for DGI stocks is 1.5 – 2.5% yield, and 6-10% earnings growth. Since I´m young and don´t need my dividends, it´s the total return that concerns me the most. Meaning, dividend return + price return. Both prices and dividends are a function of earnings. For other Dividend stocks, the target is more around 3-4 % yield and 4-6% earnings growth

Glad to have an objective disussion with you Lemnor!

Lemnor · October 19, 2017 at 4:48 pm

These are different:

Stockles · October 22, 2017 at 8:57 am

Thanks, now we are on the same page!

Mr ATM · October 20, 2017 at 2:43 am

$1000 in dividend income is like going from a prop to a jet engine plane. Congratulations!!

Your next target should be to break the sound barrier at 10,000 🙂 Aim high!

Stockles · October 22, 2017 at 9:02 am

Thanks buddy! $10000 is a bit too high (will take around 3-4 years), but looking forward to beating that milestone!

Dividend Daze · October 25, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Congrats! That is awesome. I am still working on that milestone myself. Should hit around 800 in dividends this year. My forward dividend is getting close to 1k so that is my goal for next year. Looking forward to seeing what you set as your goal for next year.

Stockles · October 25, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Hi Dividend Daze,

Right back at ya! $800 isn´t bad at all, and $1000 next year, perfect! I don´t know how young you are, but those are huge amounts that will grow a lot in time.
    I think the goal for 2018 is $2000!